Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I found another folder of about 5 tunes - this time in my backpack. Somehow, from the ocean of tunes and sheet music in the apt, these few stragglers washed up onto the shore of my conscious view. They're all great:

Brazilian:

- Desafinado (from the Joao Gilberto "Legendary" recording, transcribed by moi - key of E)
- Retrato Em Branco E Preto (aka Zingaro - AMAZING tune)
- Flor de Lis (Djavan - also incredible)

Standards:

- Hot House (bebop anthem, built on changes of "What Is This Thing Called Love")
- East of the Sun (a great standard far too ignored by me)

That's alot of great work ahead. Hot House esp., to be able to play that head on multiple instruments is a great challenge.

Desafinado and to a lesser extent Flor de Lis I've worked up on nylon string in the past. Djavan's singing is great and what that tune calls out in you, or "puts out" into the ether is truly remarkable.

.mac

What can I say? It's a new year. It's a new world. My tech life has made great strides forward in the past month or so with the implementation of OSX on my old mac G3, and the belated ipod, of course. And now this .mac service. It dovetails with my need/desire to have more of a web presence, use the bandwidth I've got, etc etc.


Had a couple of great listening days over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home