Saturday, September 11, 2010



Sept. 11, 2002

Just about to go down to the gig on the Bateaux for what will be yet another year sailing by Ground Zero on the anniversary of the attacks.

I have my photos from the day of in storage.

I rode my bike all the way down there with my pre-digital, limited number of shots, film camera.

Got to Wall St.

The Statue of George Washington in front of the first Capital of the land had a coat of ash on him.
I was out of film.

Got to Maiden Ln. between Nassau and Broadway - 3 blocks due east of the disaster.
I looked up at the billowing smoke and was aghast.

Ash and random office paper strewn about 6 inches high, everywhere in a post apocalyptic hell the likes of which I'd obviously never seen.

It was 1:30pm Sep. 11, 2001.

I rode home.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

I don’t generally respond to content but I’ sure will in this case. Seriously a big thumbs up for this one!

spice smoke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home