Friday, May 12, 2006

Salisbury '06


Just about to shove off from room 528 of the Hampton Inn in Salisbury, MD.

The gig last night went well - one LONG set and then we were pretty much finished, save the waiting around listening to dutiful hospital employees names being read.

I can report that the L shoulder/arm area is still stiff and the bone/plate do have a daily menu of different kinds of pain, but I am getting stronger by the week and even feel a daily improvement. And while I am still moving slow, it is not AS slow. I'm using the left arm now and can even carry light things with it. Mobility has improved vastly, thanks to my PTist Cheryl Ann.

Last night's gig on bass was my third overall, second this week, and I will play the Bateaux on Sat. I'll do 4 next week. There are cruises literally everynight so I'll ease into it.

I would say that I am somewhere around 65-70% of the "new normal". It has been just over 4 months, 3 since the surgery.


I mention the room number above because I have been shooting some video on this trip and I shot some stuff from the window of the hotel last night and got some pretty cool, slowly developing scenes of moon/clouds/radio towers/lonely traffic, etc. We'll see what it looks like on a bigger screen.

It is a slamming gorgeous day out there and I'm looking forward to driving up the coast of Delaware from Ocean City, MD and then taking the beast on the ferry across to Cape May, NJ and then over to the NJ Pike and home to NY.

We did this gig last year and I did the drive up the coast, but did not have time to take the ferry - I had to be back on the boat that night. Tonight I'm off and will check it out.

Well, MY checkout is 11:00, better go. The day is going - mi voy a casa.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Chixulub said...

I want to see the video.

Glad you're back at work, it'll probably come along faster than it seems. You're pretty damn resilient.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home