Saturday, October 07, 2006

Kansas City


Happy to be writing from KC where I'm hangin' for a couple of days to attend my 20 year High School reunion and see my bro' Kurt and niece Rachel.

Beautiful day today to touchdown in the Midwest. This is a great time of year to travel and the bright day did not disappoint. I miss this sky. This sky has long ago disappeared in NY, if it ever existed at all. Too many people competing for that limited strip of sky... If you've got the dough, you can buy a nice slice of it. Until the next guy, with more dough, comes along and builds 5 stories higher and to the west/east.

I've been back here only twice in the last ten years so it is definitely an overdue trip.

It's been a flurry of activity for me in NY over the last few weeks so its nice to have a little downtime, get outta town.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Chixulub said...

I notice my phone didn't ring...

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Chixulub said...

Oh, and I had an extra ticket to Jim Hall/Geoffrey Keezer Saturday, even called Julie to see if she might (odd chance) be in town...

It went unused. It was a good show, too.

And I couldn't help but think, Keezer's about my age...well really, more Karl's age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home