Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Crazy weather here the last couple of days. Monday's cruise was the first time all year that it has reached 50 degrees and it is amazing how warm 51 degrees feels in early March. It was the first truly spring-feeling night and I appreciated it out on deck a couple of times.

Then it all changed! It wasn't just the 30 degree temp drop, nor the 5" of snow, but that howling, gusty wind! I could literally feel the apt building shaking last night. It has finally died down and the sky is still portending spring, if you asked me... I'm ready.

Got a call from Quinn (who is producing the event, not performing) Monday to play a solo gig on Thursday at the Essex House on Central Park South. That should be fun. I subbed out the boat. I'll bring the nylon string guitar and play/sing bossa nova, some standards and also bring the shakuhachi to play a couple of honkyoku pieces. The gig is only 1 and 1/4 hours.

Haven't played a solo gig since December. I've been playing more piano at home than guitar, so I'm happy to dust off some of these tunes.

I was just playing Samba da Minha Terra, Aquarela do Brasil, A Felicidade, Voce e Eu... I love those tunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home