Saturday, May 13, 2006


Washington D.C.


Just rolled back into NY. It's 5:15am and the birds are singing!

I had a change of plans after I blogged from Salisbury this morning. Looking at a map, I felt something tug at me when I looked at Washington DC. So tantalizingly close. So many cool things to see.

So I jumped on Rt. 50 West in Salisbury and just took it, all the way up to the Bay Bridge, across to Annapolis and on to downtown D.C.

I lucked in to a meter right at 17th NW and E St - the entrance to the south side of the White House.

I had a great time and shot alot of video and a few stills - I spent my time at the W.H. (both north and south sides), the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial. Super cool.

I didn't have time for the Capitol or the Lincoln.

So after pulling into town around 4:00 and thinking I'd leave to come home once the sun went down, I found myself walking around trying to fit more in.

I went to the north side of the W.H. and checked out Andrew Jackson's park and shot some nice night stills of the scene (I have to get these up online - I want to share them).

And then I finally got back to the van and decided to drive over to the Capitol and try and find the Supreme Court bldg - the map told me it is just to the west of the dome. I found it but it would be a better experience on foot.

And then it took me way too long to get out of DC.

But the drive up 95 is pretty quick - around 3.5 hours.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Chixulub said...

Yes, you have to get these pics up online. If your photobucket is full, or if you don't have a photobucket, I have a tremendously under-used server for my domain I could lend a friend space on. I've got a few GB of capacity just waiting for me to have any content at all (after a year plus).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home