Wednesday, July 25, 2007


R.I.P. Grey Beast
Requiem For a Friend


Well, it was an unlikely run, but it ended abruptly when I left to go to my gig Monday night only to find Old Trusty missing.

Just gone.

That thing was no Bentley. Who would want to steal that?

I had ruled out people even being interested in breaking in to it - chalk it up to the gentrification of the hood, socio-economics morphing for car thieves or what have you, but it actually seemed like we had turned a corner.

It was a surprise to find her not-there.

(And yet, in NY, you are never TOO surprised by anything)

A buddy of mine needed his car moved for a few days this week, so I lucked in to the "car sitting gig". So at least I am still moving around at will. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Chixulub said...

Bummer, dude. I didn't think you even bothered keeping a heap these days. It doesn't cost more to park than the occasional cab fair it saves ya?

No doubt, law enforcement will get right on it, since it's probably already cut into five thousand component parts and on a barge to Brazil.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Clyde said...

Hope you didn't have anything of value in it, bro'. :-(

Although if I was guessing, I'd say it was probably on its way to a car lot in Havana. Down there, it would be newer than 99.9% of what's on the roads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home