Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Crazy Mash-Up

I was talkin' to my buddy Marcus the other day and he commented that you can now hear the shakuhachi playing along with Joel on the MySpace postings if you play them at the same time.

It is nothing that isn't happening on many sites, but last night I decided to put it to the test. I loaded "Estate" and eventually pushed play on the Echigo Sanya vid.

As i was doing other stuff, the mash-up that was created was uncanny. The way the two recordings were blending was surprisingly syncing up in weird and sometimes wonderful ways. I wrote down the timing differential and have tried it again a couple of times. It is weird, but it puts a new spin on both things.

Remember, they were recorded some 11 years apart, and other than the time-sync there is no editing. The time-sync itself was completely random the first time I did it.

Here it is:

Play Estate. At exactly :40 of Estate play Echigo Sanya.

*Not for the purist*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home