Saturday, May 27, 2006

Working

Played the Bateaux again tonight. I played Mon-Wed this week, tonight (Fri) and tomorrow. 5 total. I did 4 last week and 2 plus Maryland the week before that, so it is a gradual thing.

This pic was taken my first night back - May 8th.

Cheryl Bailey played guitar Tuesday, Pete McCann played Wednesday. Both sounding great.

The first few nights were definitely just something I was trying to get through. Pain, stiffness in the L arm/shoulder, weakness in the hands and soft, fleshy fingers were my materials to work with - a bass player's dream!

But by this week it was starting to feel more natural again. Just build it up, gig by gig. Strength is returning and it really does feel great to be out playing again. Not a moment too soon.

------ ------ ------

It's raining in NYC tonight.

And the city is quiet. Many left town for the holiday.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Chixulub said...

I remember in high school, you'd done some insane amount of practice one day, enough to leave you sore. But you said it was a 'good kind of sore.'

That really stuck with me. I've been a good kind of sore a few times, but probably not enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home