Thursday, February 28, 2008

Free At Last, Free At Last

Happy to be greeting this day.

Yesterday went about as smoothly as could be expected. The surgery itself was pretty quick - only about an hour and a half (not that I was aware of it until regaining consciousness).

Obviously the procedure to take out the pin was much less involved than lining up the broken clavicle, screwing it together and waiting for the bone to fuse.

Perhaps as a result I had a smaller dose of the general anesthesia, or maybe a different brew from two years ago - whatever it was I was WAY less affected this time and was surprisingly lucid, surprisingly quickly.

I think my body is excited to be returned to it's "natural state". Hardware is great if you need it - and I did - but losing it is even greater: a completely different psychological state.

Why do we take things for granted until lost?

Enjoy your body, Enjoy your health, Enjoy your life.

They are all precious and they are all transitory.

ps

thanks for all your thoughts and prayers - I'm feeling good today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home